Banewarrens

The Banewarrens google campaign blog.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

An Entry from Bemmut's Journal, Nov. 17th

[ooc: Bemmut writes in shorthand. This is a transliteration into common, with some structure added. Also, I did not bother to get the correct spelling of any names or places. Apologies.]

[It seems that] even when you look for trouble, trouble finds you first. [I have joined a party consisting of] adventurers Igbot, Damien, Aeraina, [illegible], and myself.

As I went to purchase a permit to explore the catacombs, [I found] a half-orc ablaze. [I later discovered that] Damien discovered the fire was magic, and dispelled the man before I could act. More foolish members had already hurt the orc severely, but Aeraina diffused the situation.

I noted a dark man [whom I suspected was related to the matter]. Next, a man began to fire lightning from his eyes. I got him to look up, [but only just in time] to see a woman begin to float straight up. Each of these events corresponded to the dark man, so I confronted him. He exposed himself as a drow, and attempted to attack me before fleeing with great speed.

[By now] the others in the party had begun to realize the nature of the situation, and assisted me in stopping the drow. Within the minute, the drow had been slain, and peace restored to the street.

The [soon-to-be] party found itself offered food and company, which was accepted. [Not long had passed before] Lady Jevvica of the Order of the Inverted Pyramid offered the party gold in exchange for information regarding [description of the banewarrens, history, etc., see Jevvica's Narrative for the long version]. I have postponed accepting her offer of 850gp.

[If that weren't enough] Brother Fabutal [sp] found me and told me of the disappearance of Sir Kalarescent [sp], and bid me find our lost friend. Sister Mara divines his disappearance relates to the events of today. He also offered the party 2000gp for Sir Kalarescent's safe return.

[This section is not in short-hand] Though I sought to find the adventure of the life of the road, today's events have taken an ominous turn. Father Nereful has given me council, and agreed I should continue my investigation. Lothian, preserve Sir Kalarescent, and give me the strength to find the answers we seek. Let my companions be an asset, not a danger, in this endeavour.

Praise be to the Daykeeper [holy symbol].

1 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger Piaw Na said...

Excellent: 300xp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home