Banewarrens

The Banewarrens google campaign blog.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Lucius' Journal

Page 152:
...though I agreed with Ignitz that eliminating house Vlaadam would be doing everyone in Plotus a favor, alas, the elders of the church decreed that I must stay my sword. They were a noble familiy of the city, and unless I had incontrovertible proof that they as a house were trying to bring the downfall of the city, I could do nothing.

With no other options at the moment, we returned to the Banewarrens, and continued. Aeriana tried to get us past the prismatic wall by following the story we found written on a scrap of paper. After a failed attempt, the gnome began rudely laughing at her, telling her that she wouldn't be able to get it right. However, she nonetheless managed to get the puzzle right after a short while.

We continued forward, and encountered some undead creatures that struck me once, leaving me feeling weak. Fortunately Searc managed to call upon his deity and destroy them. After searching the room carefully, we found a secret passageway that led us to what looked like a stone lion-beast. I charged forward to attack, but after that, I found myself inside a mage's shop back in Plotus. Apparently, the beast somehow was able to petrify both myself and the gnome. I also took the opportunity to visit a cleric to restore my strength.

We returned to the banewarrens, and came to a pit. The barbarian took Ignitz's flying boots and began ferrying us across the pit. I was the first across, but just as the barbarian was returning with the gnome, they struck. There must have been more than half a dozen of them, nasty creatures with thick scaly skin. I was standing near the pit, and they tried to push me down, three of them all at once. I stood my ground. Giving out a loud cry, I push forward with my sword, smiting two of them down and pushing myself toward a corner, so that they wouldn't be able to surround me. However, a moment later, it was all over. With me out of the way, Searc called down a column of divine fire, and blasted them all.

We kept pushing forward, and soon came across another pit. The barbarian tried to fly us across again, but his boots wouldn't work. Our wizard couldn't even invoke a simple cantrip at this point, and he declared that we were in a anti-magic field of some sort. My magical light was also extinguished, but Arieana remember to bring a normal torch. By conventional means, the barbarian crossed the pit, and tied a rope across so that we could easily cross to the other side...

1 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Piaw Na said...

500xp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home