Banewarrens

The Banewarrens google campaign blog.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Chapter 4: Assault on Ul Drakkan

My resources were mostly depleted, but the party pushed forth. We found a portal behind a hidden wall in the cave, and after some discussion, we ventured forth. From the looks of it, the portal lead to the interior of the fortress. Why someone would put forth so much effort to make such a portal to somewhere so close was beyond me, but nonetheless, we had the advantage of surprise. The fortress seemed mostly empty, save for a few drow that we managed to surprise and finish off before the alarm was raised. There were stairs both leading up and down. We elected to first go upstairs, and Igbot saw a floor covered in runes. Aerianna I think stepped into it and for some reason, our halfling-gnome suddenly vanished without a trace. We didn't have much time to debate what happened to the halfling though, because suddenly a door down the hallway opened, and a grotesque skeleton creature of some sort stepped out and attacked. The 'thing' was known as a Mohrg, and it lashed out with its tongue at the bard, but fortunately, she was able to shrug off its effects. Then the barbarian charged forth and was hit several more times, but again to no apparent affect. It did not take long before Deathspank brought the creature down. At this moment, a drow dressed in fairly fashionable clothing came out of another door, and cast a spell on us as we had our attention on the Mohrg. Farlanghn was with us again, and none of us suffered the effects of the spell. Janne and I rushed to attack this new threat. I missed with my blow, but it looked like the pressure of the two of us attacking was too much for the drow, and he cast a spell and vanished without a trace. He was able to retreat to his friends and sound the alarm.

We knew that we needed to find Igbot soon, so I drew upon some reserves and cast a spell that would help us discern the location of Igbot's favorite pair of boots that he had on. I discerned that the boots were directly below us, and not too far. We rushed downstairs as fast as we could. There were a few drow guards around, but none of them presented much of a threat. I detected Igbot about two floors below us, and burst through the door. To my surprise two drow that we had seen previously were there. One of them was wearing Janne's armor even! Since this time we were on even footing, we rushed to attack. Spells flew in both directions wildly, and I might have even fallen if it weren't for an expertly timed grease spell by Aeriana that brought the Glaive wielding drown crashing down. Igbot also appeared during the fight, throwing a pair of daggers that hit the drow cleric as she was casting her spell, interrupting it. She retaliated by casting a spell that made Igbot freeze up, and was preparing to move forward to crush his skull. Luckily for Igbot, I was prepared, and I rushed over to put myself between him and the drow cleric. Soon, everything was all over. Janne seemed especially happy to have retrieved his armor.

1 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Piaw Na said...

550xp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home