Banewarrens

The Banewarrens google campaign blog.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Short and Winding Road

"On the move. Trouble on my tail. Kajsa should be safe. Sorry to hear about Bemmut. Warn me if you leave Ptolus." Misha, in response to Janne's sending

Janne, to Kaira:
"Bemmut is dead.

He refuses resurrection. It saddens me... how many times have I now died, and felt that longing not to return to the pain of this life? I can not, I will not hold it against him.

These last few battles.... Even in the end, even in my revenge I was denied a chance to act. In another universe, I knew of the trap, or Kasaki realized that the two-headed monstrosity had moved to the room above us. But no matter. After yet another run through the towers, stripping the drow city of even it's minimal ability to function, I nearly felt remorse for our wrath; if not for their freak of a leader, unlike any elf I have faced. When I think what could have been should she have found the clues she sought in Bemmut's dream....

But he leaves us, and it saddens me. I never got a chance to talk with him, to find out what happened since the last time I saw him as a boy. I never got a chance to talk with about his adopted father; I never got a chance...

He... was my first child. And now he is gone. And now I hear cryptic messages that my trueborn is again caught up in danger, and my heart grieves, for my deaths and the deaths of so many others.

I wish, oh I wish I could rest. I wish that, like Bemmut, the Gods would reach down and touch me, and give me peace. But here I am, the undead and demons before me, and an unknown horror behind me, and all I can do is try to save the world and my daughter, and I can only pray I may do both."

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Piaw Na said...

550xp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home