Banewarrens

The Banewarrens google campaign blog.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Avach's private notes

We opened the door nearest us and a mist started to seep out. It didn’t look too bad—maybe just some mist that had been trapped—but as soon as Ignitz was in it his face went blank and he dropped his guard as if he’d forgotten everything he’d ever known. I heard someone call out “fog of doom” and Damien rushed forward to cast a fireball which burnt all trace of the mist.

Ignitz had no idea who we were, who he was, or why he was there. We decided we needed to get him back to town where he could be tended to and before too long we were back in the Banewarrens.

We checked some other areas and I have to say this is one of the most confusing places—we found a room with a huge weight that could be triggered to crush whatever was in the next room. The trigger was in a room with a steel-glass window so you could see the massive weight drop from the ceiling. I wonder why anyone would want to see that?

As we moved on we came across an area where the corridor was blocked by a shimmering blue light. The wall nearby was also strangely damaged and Damien said it was most likely the result of some strong magic which had damaged the barrier between our plane and another. He cautioned us about using magic near here as it could cause the barrier to collpase completely with very bad results.

As we skirted the area it appeared that the suggestion Damien made to us had not been given to everyone near by. Sir Lucius put his arm through one of the shimmering blue barriers and was attacked by something. Something big and ugly. Something big and ugly that was using magic. While Lucius and Deathspank fought the two giant toad-like creatures behind the barrier a third appeared behind me. It made a real mess of us and while we also inflicted some damage on it it fell to Ignitz to finish it off.

The battle was continuing with the other two creatures and I was trying to work out how best to help. I switched to my bow and managed to land a couple of decent shots but Searc claimed the victory as if he was the only one that had touched it. Even more he started berating everyone for getting in his way, claiming that he was better than the rest of us put together, and we should just keep out of his way. It was all very strange and makes me wonder whether there is something seriously wrong with this church that all its priests go insane.

He ran off down another corridor and we were left with little choice but to follow. I was at the rear and next thing I knew a bolt of lightning lit up the corridor. It narrowly missed me but I think pretty much everyone else was struck. There were more bangs and shouts from the other end of the corridor but nothing too serious seemed to be going on and based on our previous fight I was unwilling to leave my place in case something appeared behind us and attacked Aeriana.

Of course I was also hoping that Searc would learn a little humility. Unfortunately the creature was some form of undead which gave him a natural advantage. Despite the help he had from the others Searc still claimed the credit for banishing it, even though it fell to Lucius to chase it down another corridor into the area where the shimmmering blue barriers were until he saw it fall into a large pit where he was certain it was destroyed.

1 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Piaw Na said...

Excellent. 450xp + 1 action point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home