We Quaan Do It
Bemmut is sitting alone, obviously tired from a hard day's work. There is a candle nearby, and a letter of several pages that he is skimming. He reads aloud:
"To My Best Bud, Bemmut:
"You are missing out. After several days of worthless bouncing back and forth, we finally made it to the Quaan. The first time around..." [Bemmut flips a page]
"...I looked up just as I was about to take off my armor, only to see arrows strike Aerina down. Shocked, I could do naught but wait until she hit the ground, though I did cast a silence spell to try to reduce the devastating damage we would suffer at the harpy's bow.
"We pulled Aeriana out to saftey, only to find a mindflayer and ogre mage, like the one's you wrote about. Without their friends, though, they weren't so tough: Deathsbank, I swear, took down the mind flayer before he could even blink, and the ogre didn't live much longer with Lucious at his heels.
"By the time the harpy had gotten her bearings, we had her surrounded, and a strike from the heavens took her out..." [Bemmut flips a page]
"...it unfolded it's legs, I cannot even imagine what it was like. Not that I had time: I met another blast from your past, the green hag! I didn't give her time to act though, I grabbed her tight to keep her from mischief, and Ig and Deathsbank were fast to take advantage of the moment. She did manage to break free right away, but she didn't live long after.
"But of course, that's never enough, and we were also attacked by a crocodile and a huge snake-man. With a well placed displacement from Aeriana, I held fast and struck hard at the croc, with Ig finishing the beast off. At least, we had the chance to try and take on the snake-man, and I think by itself it was more than a worthy foe. Get this, it..." [Bemmut flips a page, then another, and sighs]
[Then, to himself:] For someone with such a terrible way with words, he does go on....

1 Comments:
Excellent! 450xp
Post a Comment
<< Home