Banewarrens

The Banewarrens google campaign blog.

Monday, August 07, 2006

MAjor Pwnage!

King --

Have a seat cuz you aren't going to believe this.

So we kept soldiering through deeper into the banewarrens which led us to a super tall spire area. We were deep underground, but the spire reached so far high we could not see up. I lent Deathpinky my flappy boots again and I hopped on his back.

Apart from discovering that you should always keep your nose ahead of him, we discovered several ledges higher and higher into the spire. We did the flappy taxi and got everyone up the next few platforms.

I'll spare you the boring parts but a few notable things did happen.

Me, the barbarian, and the paladin entered a room together and were immediately poofed to some weird open place. I could see the sky but the stars were blue! I didnt move for a second but all seemed ok so I started getting curious. There was a pool of liquid and a blue flame. I approached the flame when I started to feel some nasty breath down my neck. I figured the barbarian had eaten some orcish food again last nite, but when I turned, lemme tell you, it wasn't the barbarian.

It was a big, huge, giant, nasty blue dragony thing. I was just about to swoop into action and rip its head off its shoulders with my bare hands when I decided I'd be better off running like little gnomish girl. So I did.

I found a nice little nook and crammed myself in it. I'm not sure what exactly happened then except the barbarian and the paladin seemed to be swatting at it or something. I was starting to get my bravery back when the paladin did something weird. I think he figured gnomes are immune to dragons or something because he came over and started trying to hide behind me.

Well, the dragon can apparently do math because it realized that breathing death on 2 people would be more damaging than doing it on just one. So he came over and he did. I'm not sure but I swear I saw the paladin trying to sprinkle ketchup on me before the lights went out.

I woke up back where we started with the whole party and the dragon running in fear. My plan musta worked. I activated my flappy boots and started chasing him. Just then however, my plan stopped working and the dragon turned to breath on me again. (he was starting to piss me off).

It was just then I remembered that I was scared to death of this thing and started flying posthaste in the opposite direction. Luckily the mage or the bard or someone killed it and we got on with our show.

In another room off the spire I entered to search a skeleton. I searched through its bones and some bloody rags on the floor. I didnt notice a thing but the cleric started spouting that I had caught some disease. I didnt think much of it until he started describing how my nose was going to fall off and I'd have wild pulsing convulsions. I asked the paladin to heal me but he was like "eh, you'll be fine for awhile". You know, I'm sorta starting to question if this guy is really good or not.

So there I am, stuck with demonic creeping crud or something and goody-two-shoes-save-the-vandamme's wont heal me. Nice.

The next room just has a bunch of rags in it and apparently is evil. That was that. I happily proclaimed I wasnt going in. So I didn't. The paladin decided he'd be the tough guy and walked in. It was just then that he musta stepped on the conjure-10-incoporeal-undead trap or something cuz 10 incoproeal undead appeared and downed the paladin faster than a gnomish ale.

Bummer! I got the heck out of the doorway but not before one of them touched me making me pretty damn sick. Kudos to the dorf that sent in some fire and shouting with his holy symbol. Most were quickly dead or running after that. I sent in a few daggers and helped down the stragglers.

We went back to town to get the paladin raised again.

We worked our way up the spire until we got to the top. Up there we found a room with 6 helmets. When you put on one , you were like INSIDE some huge robot dude. I was inside his left leg!! (no jokes please). I had a rocket launcher and some healy thingamabob.

So we're all wearing helmets driving this bad boy around. I'm not exactly sure *where* he was - he seemed to be someplace far far from us. We just get up to like 40mph when some bird dudes come out and attack the robot! woohoo!!!!

I was firing leg rockets at them downing them fast. What fun!

Then out of nowhere comes this HUGE angelic looking guy and lemme tell you he had no love for mr. robot. Also, popped in was a red dragon! From the safety of our helmet room we started battling these uber dudes giving them some pretty good pokes.

It was all fun and game until Aeriana's eye got poked out. Or at least thats what it seemed like. She gave out a major scream. When I opened my eyes there were bad guys IN OUR ROOM! I took off my helmet and poofed (yeah, hehe) into the fray. I tried giving some lizard guy an iggy special but I was having trouble hitting him. We spent awhile but we finally killed the lizard guy and some 4 armed ogre'ish dude.

By the time we put the helmets back on, our robot guy wasn't fairing too well against the dragon and bad angel. The dragon actually dropped the angel and we ran the robot dude into some building. Lo and behold the building was full of treasure!!!!

The first thing I see is a rod much like yaeshla had been describing so I reached down and picked it up. As soon as I did, I realized I could teleport it (I dont know how i knew this, i just did) back to us. So I did. Bingo - we had the rod!!!!

Just then the dragon beat down the door. Our robot guy was not in good shape. He'd taken a few good hits while we were busy with lizard boy. I did my best to grab all the platinum pieces I could see and port them back to our room too - then blammo, the dragon smashed us.

We seemed to have a strong impression that the dragon was coming to our room. I'm not sure if that was even possible, but I didnt wanna find out. We grabbed all the loot we could and had the wizzie poof us out.

So.. it seems that once again, the Ig and his party prevails. Just another day in the life - ya know? We're planning on sealing up the banewarrens (maybe after I go on another loot scouting mission hehe). I also grabbed a vial of that poison blood stuff I might send over to the vandammy house for services rendered. We shall see.

Well, thats that and thats it. I'm not sure what we'll find next but I think the banewarrens is an ex-threat now. I hope to continue my exploration to finding gnomish loot.

Ig out.

PS: Say "yo" to Mrs. King.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger Piaw Na said...

Hilarious. 1000xp + 1 action point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home