Banewarrens

The Banewarrens google campaign blog.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Kasaki's Journal Day 5

I returned to join the others after not too long a time. It turned out
that the others had quickly been run out of the tower. They told me
that upon going up one flight of stairs, they were attacked by a pair
of invisible assailants, who nearly killed Janne and Igbot. They
quickly ran out of the building and Igbot felt a bit weak as well, so
they headed back to the city to visit a cleric. They were discussing
their next course of action when I showed up.

We decided that we should head back into the tower, and be prepared
this time around with ways to detect invisible enemies. I headed up
first with Janne, Ig, and Aeriana. The room that they were in
previously was empty; they had moved into the other room on that
floor. I heard some spell casting vocalizations, and I was narrowly
able to evade a blast of lightning that came my way. I immediately
countered by covering the entire room in a field of silence to prevent
further spells. At that time, I felt a force hit me square in my
chest, draining me of some energy. By this time, Brother Alfus had
entered into the room, and he had a field surrounding him that
revealed our enemies. They looked to be a pair of vampires! The
spell casting vampire stepped into the other room to escape the silence
field, but Aeriana was able to cover the other room in silence as
well. Damien cleverly then walled her binto the corner, preventing her
from escaping or being able to attack us. We were able to quickly get
the upper hand against the other vampire, who seemed to be pretending
to be some sort of martial artist. Hah! We finished him off before
positioning ourselves so that the spell caster vampire would unable to
escape. She turned into some sort of misty cloud, but Janne seemed to
have no problems hitting her several times until she dissipated into
nothingness. However, Damien inexplicably had launched a fireball into
the library room, igniting everything in that room in an attempt to
destroy the vampire.

We searched what was left of the library and the other room on that
floor and continued upstairs. On the next floor, we were beset upon by
four spectres, who emerged from the walls and began attacking us with
their life-draining touch. The others were hurt badly by this as the
ghostly attacks bypassed armor of all sorts. I was able to easily
avoid all their attacks with my heightened senses, and the fact that
Damien had casted an armor of force on me earlier. I told the rest of
them to retreat, and said that I would handle these spectres, albeit
slowly. They did so, though it was not long after that I heard Aeriana
singing downstairs. Several of the spectres turned toward them, and I
followed. They were stuck by the spectres several more times, and
worse yet, the spectres seemed to get stronger with every attack! They
retreated again, though this time, they were able to cast several more
spells upon me that helped me to easily finish the rest off.

I decided that it was time to explore just a bit more, in case that
those spectres were the last of the foes in this tower. I found a
chest that I had to break open. Inside where quite a few valuable
goods. I continued upstairs too, up toward the top floor of the
tower. I had just reached the top when I saw them. One was a giant
mass of shadows that appeared quite ominous, while the other was
looked to be some sort of lich. I knew that the situation was quite
dire, so I quickly ran down the first chance I got, and out the door
to meet with the others.

1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger Piaw Na said...

600xp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home