Banewarrens

The Banewarrens google campaign blog.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Cheated Death, yet again

From Igbot's letter home to his cousin Alwend:

Dear Awlend:

My search the necklace has started. I have found several clues and have begun the search!

I have teamed with a motley band of adventurers. They are louder than a herd of cattle but some of them have skills that may be useful. I have led them on a quest to find someone named Kellerescent. He is missing and may hold clues to finding the necklace of glitter! (they also paid me to go find him so I figured killing 2 birds couldnt hurt).

I led our party into an old mansion which supposedly held the entrance to the deepest of the dark. As we entered the building, I knew immediately something was not right. The party (all non-gnomes by the way, yeah, i know) was afraid to continue so I led the way. I paused for a moment at a spot where my sense detected something evil, something dangerous.. something invisible! A blade swung right for my throat! Only my cat-like reflexes and supergnomish agility saved me from certain death!

I was able to escape with but a scratch but the cleric insisted on healing me anyway (Not sure I like that cleric guy, he smells like shoes). My acrobatic departure must have stunned the foe because the paladin (waaaayy too goody shoes) and barbarian dispatched the knave with ease. I immediately searched the corpse but found nothing. The wizard then searched it and found a ring, platemail, and a sword. Man I must suck at searching.

We found an entrance to the veritable bowels of the world. It felt good to be in the stone again.

We explored the caverns until we came to a slightly open door. The paladin opened it and was accosted by some type of undead demon! I was amazed - the party went into a state of confusion! The paladin looked downright sick, the wizard started throwing bits of wood at it, and the cleric just kept holding up that damn holy symbol and yelled dirty words in some foreign language at it! Screw that! In one fell swoop, I moved my dagger straight from my scabbard to the demon's vile chest. It reeled in pain and dissapeared. Mess with the Ig, die like a pig I say.

After everyone composed themselves, we moved forward until we came to a SHINY gem on a pedestal. Again, my sense of danger grabbed my attention. The barbarian (who apparently likes shiny things too) walked up to the gem. He immediately got zapped by a lightning bolt!

I searched the area with a careful eye and discovered the trap that had so nearly killed the barbarian. With a steady hand and nerves of steel, I disarmed the trap likely saving the party and the occasional wandering kitten.

I shall continue more when I can.

your cousin
Igbot

2 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Piaw Na said...

Excellent job! 300xp. You did find more than nothing. You found 3 empty (but labelled) vials.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Jack Burnham said...

Way to go cousin!

Alwend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home