Jenna Ilander
There are four winds in this world, Law, Good, Chaos, and Evil.
The Wind of Evil, from the South, brings death. Mine was swift, and unexpected, but death often is. My husband had many enemies, some from the shadows, and some from as high as the Emperor's court. To this day, I do not know who sent the four dark-garbed assassins, the men who poisoned me. In my divinations, I knew of their threat, but not their means, and even under my husbands careful guard, they slipped the fatal poison into my drink. Then, nothing.
The Wind of Chaos, from the East, brings change. Death seemed to last eternity, but no time at all. I felt a calling, from a familiar face: a priest I knew from Tarsis long ago. I went to him, and found I drew breath once again. He told me of the years that had passed, and how corruption in my order had been exposed. I was alive, but lost. How could I face those that betrayed me? How could I face my husband, having been gone for so many years? How could I approach my daughter, who had been raised without my face? The world around me was cold, indeed.
The Wind of Good, from the North, brings hope. The priest showed me the Light. Oh, glorious Daykeeper! Before, my days passed in the shadows of uncaring gods, cruel worlds. But Lothian's compassion broke through this dark veil, I saw good in the world again, and soon was even reunited with my daughter. I decided to keep my profile low, and my good deeds quiet: though I would watch over my daughter, I knew it was best if the rest of the world forgot who I was, and slowly I would remake myself in Lothian's image.
The Wind of Law, from the West, brings justice. Things are in motion. My closest friend is running from the law, my daughter has been sent to a boarding school, and rumors of a priest of Lothian are spreading. They say he had dreams sent from Lothian himself, they say he has found the route to godhood. They say.
Only one thing is clear: I will return to Ptolus, and try to help this priest. Perhaps, I will even find my husband.

1 Comments:
300xp
Post a Comment
<< Home