After a long day of adventuring...
[ Character Bio For Lucius Arcanus. Note I've filled in various actions for the rest of the party. If you want your character to be doing something different, tell me and I'll make the change. Also note that this is almost a "prequel" bio, since we haven't even had a chance to rest yet! ]
most of the party settled down to relax. Damien was sitting by the fire, intently studying a tome he had by in his lap, and Igbot was going this way and that, as only a gnome can. Lucius has just finished removing his armor, and set the pieces carefully down on top of a piece of cloth. Aeraina asks Lucuis, “So Lucius, how did you become a paladin? Perhaps I will pen your story into a famous song.”
Lucius gives a short laugh, "haha, sure, if you promise to stop shooting me in the back." He starts, “Well, there’s not much to know about me. I was originally from the western frontier of the empire. My homeland was famous for its horsemen. I don’t remember much about living there though. I was recruited from a young age to serve the Church.”
At this point, Lucius notices Igbot poking at Lucius’ battered, but well maintained suit of full plate. Lucius ignores him and continues: “I wasn’t born into status, but the Church taught me the ways of knighthood and the politics of nobility. As part of my service to the empire, I fought in the eastern campaigns to defend the empire against the barbarian hordes.” Lucius nods at barbarian of the party, “your people fought fiercely. And honorably.” There isn’t any hint of lingering animosity, since the war has long ended, and many barbarians now live in peace within the empire.
Lucius continues with his story, “after the defeat at Xavier rock, I guess that shattered my image of the empire’s invincibility. Still, I had a duty to serve the Church and empire.” Lucius pauses for a second and takes a deep breath. “As for why I’m here now… well, I’ve known Sir Kalrescent for a long time. He taught me how to handle a sword when I was just a squire. So when my old acquantiance—Bemmut here, recently sent word to me about Sir Kalrescent’s disappearance, I came to Plotus right away. I dearly hope he's alright.”
Lucius finishes his story and looks around. The wizard was still staring at his tome intently. Igbot was lying to the side, either having fallen asleep or was pretending to be asleep. Bemmut knew of Lucius’ background, but had still listened respectfully. Aeraiana appeared to be in thought, thinking how best to turn this story into song. Finally, Lucius looked into the barbarian, who looked back, each acknowledging the other’s battle prowess.

1 Comments:
Very good. 300xp. Take note: Jevvica is one of the party's patrons. The party wizard is named Damien.
Post a Comment
<< Home