Brother Alfus goes to Ptolus
Brother Alfus enters the office of Father Magnus.
“Father? You asked to see me?”
“Yes, my son, come in. There has been an unfortunate incident in Ptolus and we need to despatch someone to investigate.”
“I am honoured to serve Lothian.”
“Not so quickly, my son. You will be staying here. The Church feels that you don’t necessarily convey the right message.”
“I’m sorry, Father? Is Lothian not kind and benevolent, a protector of the weak and enemy of evil?”
“Indeed he is, but you have a habit of bending the rules that sets a bad example. Yes, yes, I know you have been very effective, but we have rules for a reason.”
“I understand, Father. I can’t say I’m not disappointed. Well, thank you anyway.”
“I must say you’re taking this much better than I expected.”
“There were some initiates in the main courtyard and I thought I would join them in discussing the dangers of blind adherence to faith. Perhaps I might use the Edict of Deviltry as an example? I’m sure that they will see the wisdom of free thought, and I can use myself as an example that the rules created by the Church do not necessarily embody the will of Lothian, for surely if he was displeased with me he would no longer permit me to channel His divine will.”
As Brother Alfus walked down the corridor he was soon joined by two paladins. “Ah, Sirs Strongarm and Pressgang, how nice to see you!”
“That’s Starum and Persus, Alfus. The good Father sent us to help you pack. You’re to leave for Ptolus within the hour.”
They round a corner.
“Thank you for minding my bags, Novice Bertrum, these nice gentlemen will take them now. And remember what we discussed.”

1 Comments:
250xp
Post a Comment
<< Home