Banewarrens

The Banewarrens google campaign blog.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Eavesdropping on Bemmut, Dec. 8th

[The following is a set of notes found among the belongings of a squire that turned out to be less-than-valorous. It appears to be something he wrote after listening to Bemmut talk with Heth Neferul, though it's unclear what he intended to do with this information.]

...party split up. [something] lamia caught in a pit. [something] illusions, as well as created a strange cyclone. She had only gold on her. We also found a room guarded by an ancient Iron Golem that attacked , then fell apart, when Igbot entered. This room had a door sealed with silver, another ill-omen of the banewarrens. As we have discussed, when we return to the warrens tomorrow I will return the crystal, and hopefully find some way of keeping anyone from entering the vault again.

As the others have said, we attempted to open the door to the banewarrens, but were thwarted. I truly hope that the incomplete warding device outside the door can be completed, and perhaps afford some semblance of protection for us all.

But it was the next room that had the real surprise! Sir Kalarecent was inside, mourning the loss of poor Sanir. He was overcome with grief, but we compared notes and it was agreed to return to the Church immediately. So, we returned, and have given our reports. I hope Sir Kalarecent's decision to return to the warrens immediately was wise--I know he was tired, and still grieving. May the Daykeeper watch over him.

It has been a short, but most stressful day, father. I have used the money the church so graciously offered to acquire a curative wand. I fear my companions will need its magic quite frequently.

I should let you know that Jevvica was not particularly swayed by my attempt at reconciliation. I believe it would be in the Church's interest perhaps to let Lucious be our spokesperson. Still, she very generously offered a magic item in addition to her other payment if we can deal with the banewarrens effectively. It is... odd... to be in the service of the inverted pyramid, but I believe that the Church has come a long way, and I think we have a unique opportunity to both stop a great evil and initiate a great alliance.

Still, father [something]. Only Lothian.... [It appears the squire could no longer hear the conversation at this point, perhaps he was caught, or Bemmut got too far away.]

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Piaw Na said...

Very good! 300xp + 1 action point

 

Post a Comment

<< Home