Banewarrens

The Banewarrens google campaign blog.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Fire!

Dear Alwend -

How are you? I am fine. I hope Pimmell, Igbert, Schminks, and little Peewod are well.

Given my untimely demise in the past, I feel somewhat extra compelled to keep you abreast of my current mission. Well, that is if I *knew* what my current mission was. As soon as I find Bemmut I can put the pieces together. But of course, he's missing per a wild pack of dark elves (as if regular elves weren't bad enough!) that slaughtered people of his church.

As I mentioned in my last letter we found our way into the dark (it always feels good to be back in the dark, although I must admit, I'm having a lot of trouble seeing without light these days. Must be some sort of residual effect from my resurrection).

In any case - we traveled deeper this day and found a great, open underground area. It was grand enough to house a tower! However, the tower was found in rather a ruinous shape. I did manage to find a hole (only big enough for a gnome) to gain entry. Using my honed skills of stealth I crept into the darkness to see what lurked about. I twitched my head around a corner and was surprised to see a massive beast of flaming-fiery-fire !!! (I'm quite perplexed how in total darkness this simply massive creature made of seemingly pure fire gave off no light that I could detect from around a corner, but no matter).

Despite my best stealthy efforts, he was aware of my presence before I was aware of his. He advanced quickly and gave me a swath of his might arm. Only my gnome-like reflexes and nerves of steel allowed me to glance the blow and make an escape. I exited the hole faster than I had entered and informed my party of the foul oddly-dimly-burning, yet totally-fiery beast.

As you can imagine, I clicked my flyfly boots and went off in search of a pail. Apparently in my absence my party stormed the tower to take on the foe. I was only gone a short minute (no pail) but by then much of the party had found themselves rather pummelled. In fact, I saw our mighty Kensai (whatever *that* is) unconcious floating near the hardly-giving-off-light super-flame beast. I swooped in (I must say, these flappy boots are strkingly handy) grabbed him by the ankle (dodging a veritable flurry of luminously-stunted yet seethingly-burning-flaming blows) and activated Ignitz's poofing hat.
We found ourselves on the other side of the wall, safe from the completely-rather-dark-that-gives-off-no-light yet completely-encompassed-in-flame, beast.

I'm not sure who this Ignitz person is, but if you see him, please extend my gratitude for the keen gear!

Our cleric was then able to heal the kensai (yeah, I dont know either. Something about being definitively overly fond of his sword). By the time I got back to the battle, the rest of the party had felled beast never to allow it to not-shine its ultra-bright yet kinda-sorta-not-really-very-illuminating even though the-whole-thing-was-totally-on-fire evil hencemore.

The rest of the adventure got a truffle tedious. We walked a good while, met some Kao-toes or something (who apparently have some sort of ritual where they methodically run themselves onto barbarian's swords). Then, we walked. And walked. And walked. We slept for the nite where I felt a well of experience culminate inside me. I have decided to specialize my profession in the manner of throwing weapons. I seemly oddly adept at it after my rebirth.

After (much) more walking we found ourselves outside an underground keep (or city.. or something.. I dunno.. it was dark). Two dwarves stopped our progression but we convinced them (using the "Ariana" way, not the "Deathspank" way) that we were friends not foes.

I write this from their alehouse. They have been most hospitable replenishing our supplies.
I have commissioned our cleric to cast continual-flame on my dagger which, unlike some types of excrutiatingly-big-and-utterly-on-fire monsters, *does* give off light. I can finally see.

Tomorrow we set off again - hopefully to find the foul dark elves (I wonder if they give off light? I mean, you'd think the big guy would and he didnt, so maybe "dark" elves would if.. erfm.. never mind) and hopefully find brother Bemmut. Didn't someone in town have a pig by that name?

best regards
your cousin
Igbot

1 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Piaw Na said...

500xp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home