Banewarrens

The Banewarrens google campaign blog.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Kasaki's Story So Far

"You must find yourself." That's a phrase I've heard often at the monastery. I could never understand it. I was, and always will be, exactly where I'm standing. What's there to find?

I still remember those days. The regimented routines. Rise at 6. Meditation at 7. Studies at 9. Training at 1. And so on. I didn't really like it, but I admit I learned a lot those days. I discovered the limits of what I could do. Was that what "finding myself" was about? I didn't know at the time, and I was never able to find out.

I returned one day to find the monastery in ruins. I think whoever attacked it were looking for a relic stowed away in the vault. I still don't know what they stole even to this day. I eventually was found by some travelers on the road. It turns out that they were worshippers of Fharlanghn, and they dropped me off at a nearby church.

Life from that point was quite different. Life was far less regimented. The god of roads really only asked one thing of its followers: travel and explore.

I must have traveled most of Praemal. From the Endless Sea of Ice to the north, to the barbaric lands far to the east, and beyond. It was through this that I finally learned what finding myself was all about. You never can find yourself, but it's the journey that counts.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger Piaw Na said...

250xp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home