Excerpts from Bemmut's Diary
New Year 4th, Waterday, 721IA
I am tormented by visions I do not understand. Who is this woman I see? She stands next to a benign looking man whom I guess to be Danar. She smiles and gestures—I see a golden belt, an armband, and a bracelet, all linked together by thin gold chains. There are seven settings, each about the size of a small gem. What does it mean?
New Year 11th, Waterday, 721IA
Another dream. This time, I see Lothian, wearing the belt, armband, and bracelets. All the gems are placed in the settings. His face is in ecstasy, in joy, in enlightenment. Am I to seek this artifact? It clearly has some special meaning to Lothian!
New Year 18th, Waterday, 721IA
I see a young girl imprisoned. She cannot be more than 12 years old. Demons watch over her. Why is she important? What is her link to Lothian? I see a woman’s face, beautiful but horrifying as well. She must be an agent of evil. What can I do? Who is the girl?
New Year 25th, Waterday, 721IA
The dreams and nightmares are coming more and more frequently now. Lothian, what do I do? Perhaps I should summon my old friends, and ask for their help. But Lucius has left the city—and I don’t know what others might make of my dreams, especially what has happened to my father. I am doing good work here at St. Thessina. I cannot let that end.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home