A Dark Threat
"Why would anyone hate the light?" --Bemmut, age 7
"Kaira,
I have some progress to relate. I have met up with some of Bemmut former companions, as well as a representative from the Church of Lothian, and another priest by the odd name of Kasaki. I have been most impressed so far by my companions' abilities, most especially those of Aeriana. If you have a moment, I would be most pleased to introduce you to her.
As to the more serious task at hand: everyone in the church had been killed, though a few people had gone missing, most notably Bemmut. Brother Alfus didn't mention anyone else, but the paper mentioned that Therrence Tehlonia, Rahman Terid, Kistrae Neverwind, and Cam Jaystone were all missing as well.
I believe the best course of action will be to find Bemmut, as he seems to be the focus. His diary contained a number of strange entries that dealt with Lothian's assent to godhood via the Illitol, perhaps implying that Bemmut himself ought to seek this path. He had other dreams, but they were less clear.
Several relics were missing. We have recovered the Circlet of Lothian, but the Chalice of Reeds and the Arrows of Righteousnees remain in the custody of our enemies. Of whom, I confess, I know precious little.
They are drow. They have returned to the city's underbelly. We talked with the famed Doridian Methlod about the matter, and he gave us wonderful advice as well as a sizable purse to begin our hunt. He has granted us a great opportunity to gain information regarding these drow.
If things play out as I fear, both our skill and mettle will be tested, but also an opportunity to rid Ptolus of a great evil. I will continue my hunt, but please leave a message for me at the Ghostly Minstrel (my temporary accommodations with the other members of the party) should you feel a change in course would be warranted, or if you are willing to dispatch any of the other knights to assist me.
Tomorrow I shall attempt to gather some more information regarding the drow, as well as explore the undercity.
Wish me luck,
Janne Ilander"

1 Comments:
500xp
Post a Comment
<< Home