Banewarrens

The Banewarrens google campaign blog.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Kasaki's Journal Day 7-13

Mysteriously enough, Brother Alfus and Janne disappeared as we were waiting to recover from our encounter with the vampires and spectres. However, the church sent over Jenna to aid us in fighting the undead in the tower.

We returned as soon as we could, but things didn't go too well. We sent Igbot first to investigate while invisible. However, he didn't return after a few moments and we knew that something was wrong. We quickly stormed upstairs and encountered two dangerous opponents. First was the biggest wraith that I had ever seen. It tried to reach out and drain my life. The second one was a mass of shadows that others told me was called a Nightwing. We also saw Igbot on the ground. He had been slain and half eaten! We moved in to attack, but I wasn't able to do much against the wraith. My attacks simply passed through its insubstantial body. Fortunately, Jenna was able to cast a powerful spell imbued with positive energy, which forced it back to the plane of shadows it came from. The wraith took several swings at Aeriana, so I helped her to escape before heading back up. It seemed to have taken the opportunity to escape, so we had no choice but to head back to the city with Igbot's body in tow.

After we had Igbot resurrected, we made arrangements procure various items that would protect us from the powerful necromantic death effects of these undead. This however, was going to take many days, and I had not much choice but to wait with the others in the inn. After about five days or so, someone named Jevvica contacted Aeriana, and we met with her. She said that there was a person that obtained some sort of shadow artifact, and that the artifact had corrupted him. Our task was to bring him back, alive if possible, and dead if not. She told us that a spell of Shadow Walk would be necessary to get to the shadow plane, and that we also needed to wait until a night of full moon, which conveniently was occurring right around then.

We had Damien copy the spell into his spell book, and then the following night we set out. We entered a shadowy world without color. Everything looked like a twisted reflection of the real thing. A shadow covered tower was ahead of us, and at the least, the door appeared to be safe. I opened it and stepped into the room. At that point, I was suddenly beset upon by eight shadowy monsters that surrounded me and attacked. Fortunately, they weren't terribly dangerous, and I called out for Damien to launch a fireball at my position. I was able to easy dodge it, but the monsters weren't as quick, and we were able to dispatch them quickly thereafter.

We continued up the tower, but by some fluke of the plane, the next story opened up into a vast sea of blackness. Everything around us looked dark, and we had no idea where to head toward. Fortunately, I had a spell prepared that allowed us to locate where the box we were searching for was. So we stood single-file and headed off in search of it...

1 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Piaw Na said...

600xp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home