Banewarrens

The Banewarrens google campaign blog.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Jenna Ilander's notes

This... this is unexpected.

Strangely, even as I tell my companions that I have not the power to sally forth, and try to explain how Lothian can aid me no more... I feel his touch again. I feel refreshed, ready to take on this Savan, who it seems clear to me profanes the good name of Lothian.

But I get ahead of myself. It has been so long since I have taken the time to collect my thoughts. To recap:

The first jewel, it seems, was without a master. The lawful good inhabitants seemed pleasant enough, but perhaps they betrayed us: the top level had strange, monstrously powerful bear-like creatures which nearly slew us all. Only Aeriana's daring saved the day: she found her way to the gem and whisked us away to the second jewel....

Where, we found a strange cavern and evidence of the last stand of Ghul. I had hardly expected to see such a sight, but there can be little doubt: we even fought spirit echoes of his soul. Fortunately, Lothian abhors the undead, and through me they found themselves with little opportunity for mayhem. Eventually, we figured out our way to the center of the jewel, where we found the master of the first. In retrospect, it was clear he too had been corrupted by Ghul's power, but we did not act soon enough.

And so we came to the third gem, a tower of some height. We soon encountered one of its keepers, a demon of sorts, when we were betrayed, though haphazardly. A quick beam of light blinded the demon foe, leaving us with plenty of time to deal with the traitor before us. Aeriana almost fell, but even then he was a poor match for us. After a break to regroup, we returned. Eventually, we came upon the master of the 3rd jewel: a strange beast who seemed found of my Ioun stone. With that gift, he permitted us to proceed through the jewel without incident.

Well nearly without incident. The final test was rather punishing: it dealt massive energy damage in waves.

At any rate, it is thus we came upon the 4th jewel, and this Savan.

But I'll save these details for another time. Lothian calls me to action, and thus I go.

1 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Piaw Na said...

650xp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home