Ptolus Times, November 18th
Profile: Myreth Kolantar, proprietor of Myreth's Oddities
The facade of Myreth's Oddities is strangely mundane for a magical
gear trading post that is known to nearly all the delvers in Ptolus. A
steel grated window with wooden shutters and a steel door with an
elaborate looking lock are all that betray the wondrous magical gear
that lie within.
Myreth himself, an elf of indeterminate age, looked nothing like many
of the delvers that have made their name in Ptolus of late (including
the late Sir Gregory --- though rumors has it that he is now alive and
healthy, though looking anything like he did) --- he is conservatively
dressed and relatively unornamented, though his sharp eyes seem to
seize up anyone who enters the stone walls of his store as though they
were a potential treat to his life, not just his livelihood.
Q: How long have you been in the business of magical items?
A: I've been in Ptolus for 6 years. I must point out that I'm really
in the business of trading magical gear. I only handle resale --- I
don't make anything!
Q: What made you give up adventuring?
A: I don't want to say. Suffice to say that my adventuring life left
me with sufficient capital to start this business.
Q: Have you ever had any theft of your property within these walls?
A: That's not a question with a good answer. If I were to reply to the
affirmative to that answer, I would encourage more theft. A negative
reply would be viewed as a challenge to would-be thieves. Let me just
say that I have appropriate precautions in addition to my guards
(gestures at some armored Ogres bristling with arms) and leave it at
that.
Q: Are there any magical gear you don't deal with?
A: I don't perform trade in any cursed items. All gear I sell has been
personally identified by me and comes with my guarantee. I don't deal
with alchemical compounds and potions, however --- midtown is already
well served by Potions and Elixirs just down the street from here.
Q: Who are your customers?
A: Mostly delvers, though I do get the occasional nobles in here
looking for a some form of protection, usually against poison or
arrows. Most people who want love charms and the such know better than
to come here. (A knowing smile appeared on his face)
Q: Are there any services that you provide in addition to the trading
of magical gear?
A: I'll buy jewelry and artwork at a fair price, since there are
nobles who do drop by for some antiquities that have been recovered
from below Ptolus. For 100gp per item, I'm also happy to identify
items brought to me with a 24 hour turn around.
Q: Is there anything else you would like readers of this paper to know?
A: A well-equipped adventurer is more likely to survive whatever is
behind that strange door.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home