Banewarrens

The Banewarrens google campaign blog.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Igberts Log, GnomeDate 7.29.22

The moles were right. I made my way to Ptolus to see if it was true that Uncle Igbot had been slain. Ambling around a big city I imagined that his killers would have likely sold his equipment. Thusly, I gathered information and found the magic shoppe. To my surprise I entered just as the fiends were selling his most prize possessions!

To their great fortune, the ugly one had a fast tongue and identified themselves as Uncle Ig's compatriats (they're not gnomes, I know). I told them I was there to continue his quest and find the necklace. The fear in their eyes swelled up.

Reluctantly, I agreed to let them accompany me on this quest. I was quite ready to go but they informed me that the banewarrens have been sealed by a powerfully magic door that even Uncle Igster could not open. (Their lives held in the balance that these words were true). We spent a great deal of time talking to people and sages that would supposedly know the magic to open these doors.

(Side note: The elf female is clearly attracted to me - I know I shouldn't have been lifting all those weights! No matter. I am strong and am done with tallies, point-ear or otherwise. Especially after that whole "Half-orc incident")

Anyway, we traveled to the warrens (finally) and fought a nasty troll. They said it had some disappearing ability but the only way I saw it disappearing was chunk by chunk as my blade ripped it apart. I defeated it easily (oh.. and they helped too).

They assured me that this troll was partly responsible for Uncle Igbot's death. Then his death is extra sweet. I shall clear the banewarrens of them thar Lammias and Minotaurs too to be sure the vengeance is complete.

Onward! To fine the necklace!

Igbert out

2 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Piaw Na said...

LOL! 300xp

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Jack Burnham said...

Dear son,

I am glad to hear you are still alive even after defying my wishes and following in your dead Uncle Igbot's footsteps. Please continue to keep it that way since if you don't I will never hear the end of it from your mother. You do have his stubborn streak and I hope it does not lead you to his fate.

I also hope you are continuing to study in the fine art of butter sculpting while you are away trying to save the world. I hate the thought of the family business not being run by my Igbert after I am gone. I think your grandfather too would be happy to know you are continue the family tradition started by his great grandfather, if he still had his mind intact that it.

And remember, never trust tallies.

Your father,
Alwend

P.S. That half-orc girl's brother keeps skulking around here looking for you. Keep an eye out when you come home next time, he looks pretty surly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home